The Geneseo Church structure exists to help us plant, grow and share as we make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world! We appreciate the members of these teams and their faithful efforts to help us grow and reach out in faith.
- Church Council – The Administrative leadership team that keeps us focused on our mission by planning, implementing and evaluating effective ministry.
- Staff Parish Relations – This Committee evaluates and supports the ministry of our paid staff, including the pastor.
- Lay Leadership – This team seeks to identify and develop leaders in the congregation and invite them into ministries that honor their unique gifts.
- Trustees – Are responsible to maintain the church building and grounds as well as plan and prepare for future facility needs.
- Finance – This team encourages good stewardship, sets the annual local church budget and oversees the responsible gathering and spending of all that God provides through our tithes and offerings.
- Nurture – This team ensures that we have the ministries in place to encourage people of all ages to grow in faith.
- Outreach / Witness – This group helps us reach out with God’s love to our community and beyond through special events, offerings and collections.
- Permanent Endowment – This committee maintains a special fund that is used to support the ministry of Geneseo UMC into the future.